This piano was originally built in the 1890’s but reconditioned in the 1960’s-1970’s.
- The soundboard is original and free of any cracks. We measured positive readings for downbearing across the entire scale and observed crown in the soundboard.
- The pinblock is in good condition. The tuning pins have plenty of torque to hold the tension of the strings.
- The action has 100% genuine Steinway parts. Teflon action installed in the 60’s-70’s.
- The touch of the piano is a medium weight, not too light, not too heavy.
- The overall tone of this instrument is very nice. Nice projection of sound and color.
- Exterior finishing of the cabinet will be refinished.
To help understand the technician’s notes visit our technical definitions page HERE