Bradfield technicians inspected this instrument and have found it to be free of any major defect.
- Bradfield Piano rebuilt this instrument in 2018. Updates include a new pinblock and stings. Action parts have been updated. Some of the cabinet refinished and some touched up.
- The soundboard is in good condition. We measured positive readings for downbearing across the scale and observed some crown in the soundboard. Board had some cracks that have been repaired.
- The pinblock is in good condition and the tuning pins have plenty of torque to hold the tension of the strings.
- The action is 100% genuine Steinway parts, and the hammers are like new.
- The touch of the piano is a heavy weight, slightly on the heavy side.
- The overall tone of this instrument was more toward the bright end of the spectrum, but still maintained clarity and projection without distortion.
- Exterior finishing of the cabinet is in excellent condition with most of the cabinet having been completely refinished.
To help understand the technician’s notes visit our technical definitions page HERE